The Wunderkammer Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum mainly for roleplaying in the World of Darkness - Changeling: The Dreaming storytelling system.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gameplay: Kingworm Tales

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hedgefairy
Storyteller

Character Sheet
Name:

Gameplay: Kingworm Tales Empty
PostSubject: Gameplay: Kingworm Tales   Gameplay: Kingworm Tales EmptyFri Oct 28, 2016 11:49 am

Players:

moonchild
Verdin
Back to top Go down
http://hedgefairy.wordpress.com
Hedgefairy
Storyteller

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Gameplay: Kingworm Tales   Gameplay: Kingworm Tales EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 5:52 pm

It's September, the Autumn Equinox, to be precise, which you know because it was noted on the flyer you got for the upcoming events. The term starts on October 1st here at McCallain College, it's fresher's week. A still-warm breeze moves the leaves of the rowan alley next to the library, brushes over the neo-gothic newer campus and reaches the quad, playfully tumbling a few colourful candy wrappers. A beautifully painted banner with the picture of a twisted red-and-black lindworm wearing a golden crown stretches over the space between the administration building and the Founder's Museum, spelling out in words what the whole college seems to buzz with anyway:

"Welcome to McCallain College for Artisanry, est. 1777.", and below, the motto of the school in golden letters,
"LIBERARE ANIMAM", to free the mind. Which would be pretty much why you came here in the first place.

An older student council member shows you the dorms, the cafeteria, the assembly hall.
"We'll continue our tour later with the founder's museum and theatre", she says as she leads you back out into the sunlight. "We're meeting again here in three hours. Use your time to check out the extracurricular activities stalls around and inside the library or have a snack. I'll see you later!"

She breezes off like the wind that's tumbling about the first fallen leaves, your fellow freshmen scatter. You're on your own.

What do you do?
Back to top Go down
moonchild

PostSubject: Re: Gameplay: Kingworm Tales   Gameplay: Kingworm Tales EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 9:39 pm

Mari stands still for a few seconds, feeling the sun warming her freckled face, and unwrapping a misshapen cereal bar from her back pocket ("Hmm. Must have sat on it...") as she watches the crowd disperse.

It all seems to have happened so fast...it seems like only yesterday that I was throwing newspapers onto lawns and collecting nickels, just so I could stand right here...

"...stuffing your face while everyone gets ahead of you in line for theatre club. Whatever happened to this being your 'time to shine'...?"

A little voice piped up, impatiently, somewhere in the back of her skull.

Let me enjoy this, Rowfer... Mari says under her breath, exhaling. This day has been a long time coming...

"You've got the fear again. You smoked yourself into oblivion last night. You know how I feel about that. And you also know I can only be dry cleaned, so if that stink gets into my fur..."

There is a little prickle at the nape of her neck. It may have been an errant hat pin, it may have been a tiny black claw, flexing warningly.

Smiling nonchalantly, Mari lifts the hat carefully off her head, as one may remove a much loved yet inconveniently placed cat, and tucks it into the depths of her oversized tote bag - on top of a sweaty can of energy drink and half a tube of lipstick, but underneath a bobbly crochet scarf and a comic anthology with some pages missing.

"Still too early in the season for a fur hat, huh...?" she grins mischievously and shrugs at another freshman passing by. "From the depths of Mari's schoolbag, no one will hear you scream..." she adds, quietly.

Laughing to herself, she approaches the dance stall with a twinkle in her eye and bouncing the tote on her wide hips as she goes. As she disappears into the excited hubbub of the crowd, she fancies she hears a faint screech from its depths...

"Insolent young one! I will peel your head like an orange...!"
Back to top Go down
Hedgefairy
Storyteller

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Gameplay: Kingworm Tales   Gameplay: Kingworm Tales EmptyMon May 22, 2017 2:00 pm

The Theatre Club booth is situated right next to the Dancing Club, a framework of rough wood with threadbare curtains and a sign that wouldn't be out of place in a black-and-white Vaudeville picture from the early 1900s. The colours are faded, the paint chipped but somehow it seems to hold a promise of heavy red wine and a dimly lit stage. It is (wo-)manned by two girls and a guy, the former two a hippie with wide stripey pants and dreadlocks, enthousiasticly chattering to everyone who will listen, and a goth, pale and silent with pale blue eyes, and the slightly chubby guy clad in a sweater vest and a big fat grin.
"Ooooh, I love your hat!", the hippie chick gushes as Mari approaches the booth, "Can we interest you and your wonderful headwear for the rapture that is our thespian passion?"
She points to the gleeful guy next to her.
"His words, not mine", she smiles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gameplay: Kingworm Tales   Gameplay: Kingworm Tales Empty

Back to top Go down

Gameplay: Kingworm Tales
Page 1 of 1